What Is a Dental Crown?
A dental crown is a tooth shaped cap that is custom crafted to your mouth and fitted over the top of the tooth. Crowns are used to treat teeth with large cavities, cracks and for aesthetic improvements.
What Is a Crown made of?
Our crowns are made from tooth coloured porcelain, and matched to your smile. This provides both an aesthetic result, and strengthens your teeth.
When Do I need a Crown?
- Repairing and strengthening teeth that have chipped, cracked or broken
- Replacing large older fillings
- Strengthening a tooth that has been root canal treated
- Masking discolouration in cosmetic areas
- Whitening a smile where tooth whitening may not work
- Changing the shape of teeth for cosmetic reasons
What Is a Dental Bridge?
A dental bridge is a variation of a crown, also made from porcelain. Bridges are used to replace one or more missing teeth in your smile and are supported by crowns on the adjacent teeth. Bridges can be used to replace old dentures that are ill-fitting. Bridges are an alternative treatment to dental implants.
When Do I Need a Bridge?
- Replacing one or more missing teeth
- Replacing old dentures with a fixed option
- Preventing neighbouring teeth from moving into gaps and creating an uneven smile
- For cosmetic reasons
For more information on crowns and bridges, please give our team a call to discuss your options.